appropriate是什么意思 appropriate的用法 appropriate怎么读
英 [ə'prəʊprɪət]美 [əˈpropriɪt]
记忆方法1. ap- "to" + propri- "one's own, particular to itself" + -ate.
2. => take as one's own, make as one's own, take possession of.
3. => adapted to some particular purpose, specially suitable, proper.
前缀ap-同ad-. proper, 自己的，合适的。该单词含两个意思: 1. 适合自己的。2. 占为己有的。
appropriate: see proper
early 15c., "take possession of," from Late Latin appropriatus, past participle of appropriare, adpropriare (c.450) "to make one's own," from Latin ad- "to" (see ad-) + propriare "take as one's own," from proprius "one's own" (see proper). Related: Appropriated; appropriating.
"specially suitable, proper," early 15c., from Latin appropriatus, past participle of appropriare (see appropriate (v.)). Related: Appropriately; appropriateness.
1. A sense of period was evoked by complementing pictures with appropriate furniture.
2. It is appropriate that Irish names dominate the list.
3. Most vacancies are at senior level, requiring appropriate qualifications.
4. Our boat would not have been appropriate for ocean voyaging.
5. Dress neatly and attractively in an outfit appropriate to the job.
[ appropriate 造句 ]